Job Openings in #ChamberWorld: Week of Nov. 11th
President - Garner Chamber of Commerce - Garner, NC - $65,000 - $75,000 a year
Greater Seymour (IN) Chamber President
The Greater Seymour Chamber of Commerce Executive Board seeks a President to oversee the chamber’s initiatives, campaigns, and efforts within Jackson County, Indiana and surrounding areas. The President is the Chief Executive and Administrative Officer of the organization. Duties are subject to the direction of the Board of Directors. The President is responsible for the full range of Chamber activities, including the coordination of the program of work, organizational structure and procedures, motivation of volunteers, income and expenditures, maintenance and growth of membership, employment and supervision of staff, interpretation of policy and maintenance of quarters. The President is the "public relations officer" for the organization and the entire community. Jackson County, Indiana residency is preferred. Click here for the full job description. Resumes will be accepted through November 15 and resumes should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Director - MRA Member Career Opportunities - Galesburg, IL $40,000 - $60,000 a year
At the chamber, it s our vision to always strive to create a region full of thriving businesses, healthy communities, and talented, connected people. Our strategic goals are designed to work toward our vision every day and create value for our members.
- The Executive Director provides support and leadership to the Board of Directors as its executive officer, implements its policies, plans and directives, and reports to the Board on matters affecting the welfare of the Chamber.
- The Executive Director acts as a resource to the Board and its committees on policy development, planning and financial development, and helps Board members understand and appreciate their role and responsibilities.
- Provides top leadership to the organization s efforts, maximizing community partnerships, engaging volunteers, and cultivating and soliciting community leaders.
- Oversees Chamber s operations and programs. Works with the Board, staff, and volunteers to anticipate and address community needs. Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member-focused programs. Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective strategies and processes.
- The Executive Director directs staff and volunteers to carry out initiatives, assignments and programs under the approved strategic plan and annual budget.
- Directs the development of the strategic plan and assures the accomplishment of organizational goals and objectives.
- Communicates and collaborates with government, schools, other not-for-profits, corporations, and other organizations in the community. Interprets the work of the Chamber to the community, and ensures its mission, vision, values, and goals are understood.
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships within the community as well as within the regional, state, and national business organizations.
- The Executive Director provides leadership in securing needed resources for current operations, capital improvement, community development and long-range financial stability. Oversees the long-range development of the Chamber s resources.
- Recommends annual budget for Board approval. Ensures prudent fiscal management, reporting and controls. Oversees financial operations.
- Bachelor s degree in marketing, planning or business or public administration or related field.
- 2+ years of business management experience.
- CAE, CCE, IOM or other management certification desired.
- Experience working with a board of directors; volunteer-based organization preferred.
- Chamber spokesperson able to utilize excellent written and oral communication skills through traditional media and social media.
- Serve as an effective lobbyist for the business community with the local, regional, state and national elected officials.
- Comfortable with analytical detail while being focused on marketing, communication and relationship-building.
Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
Greater Danville (IN) Chamber of Commerce Executive Director
Responsible for all business operations, including management of the assets of the organization;
hiring, supervising, training, promoting, discipline and termination of employees; and for
establishing and maintaining the business organization and structure to efficiently conduct the
management functions of the Greater Danville Chamber of Commerce. Click here for more information.
Executive Director - Salem-Roanoke County Chamber of Commerce - Salem, VA
Executive Director, Orange County Chamber of Commerce - Orange, VA
$45,000 a year
Zionsville (IN) Chamber of Commerce Executive Director
The Zionsville Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors is seeking a full-time leader to fill the role of
Executive Director. The Executive Director is hired by and is accountable to the Chamber's Board of
Directors and is responsible for the day-to-day management of all Chamber functions, staff leadership
and for carrying out policies, programs, initiatives, and duties established by the Board of Directors. The
Executive Director will be the public face of the Chamber and an advocate for the membership and
business community. Click here for more information.
Executive Director - Sugar Grove Chamber of Commerce & Industry - Sugar Grove, IL Part Time
One Southern Indiana
Director of Business Retention & Expansion and Talent
One Southern Indiana (1si) expects this position to lead the outreach to and contact with existing businesses and industries to guide and assist with new business growth and existing business challenges. Additionally, the position provides support for 1si Metro Manufacturing Alliance (MMA) members, other member sectors and clients to guide and assist them in their business needs as well as their retention and expansion (growth) needs. This position serves as a facilitator of relationships and motivator of members. Building results-focused and trust-oriented relationships with educators, manufacturers, resource providers, and service providers will be paramount to success for this position. This position is responsible for coordinating talent development activities for MMA members and other member sectors by performing and overseeing duties pertinent to this position. Click for full job description. Interested candidates should forward resume and cover letter to: email@example.com